Safeguarding Children in Brent - Logo
Page header image

How to refer a child

Updated Oct 2019

If you are a worker with information or concerns about a child

Follow the London Child Protection Procedures and discuss the issue with your manager or the designated professional in your organisation.

The concern may also need to be discussed with a senior member of staff to clarify the seriousness and urgency of the situation and to assist in deciding the next course of action.

The senior member of staff may be:

Any discussions about a concern should be recorded by both parties and a referral should be made to Social Care.

Whilst a member of the public may make an anonymous referral, this is not an option for professionals, who are operating in either a paid or unpaid capacity.

Professionals must always disclose their professional role and contact details

If you would like to make a child protection referral, please contact:

The Brent Family Front Door
Tel: 020 8937 4300

If the matter involves an allegation against a member of staff:

You must also contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) for allegations against staff.

For further information on 'Managing Allegations against staff, please go to the 'Responding to allegations that a trusted adult has harmed a child' page.